: Shirley MacLaine
Topics & Articles
    home . help . cartview cart

News Navigation Spacer Our Community Navigation Spacer Membership Navigation Spacer About Shirley Navigation Spacer Broadcasts Navigation Spacer Shirley's World Shopping Navigation Spacer Astrology Navigation Spacer Contact Us
Life is a Bowl of Cherries
Welcome to ShirleyMacLaine.com
IE Members - Login or Join Now
View Cart | My Account | Email a Friend This Page | Join Shirley's Mailing List
Encounter Board Menu
Menu
Menu
Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
The Perfect Valentine from The Organic Wine Company!
Taste pleasing wines made with Earth-friendly, certified organic grapes, free of pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and other synthetic chemicals.

The Organic Wine Company is not just planet friendly, they are people friendly and there to answer any question you may have! Order your wine today!
1-888-ECOWINE
(1-888-326-9463)

The Organic Wine Company

Independent Expression Radio Sponsor
Adventure and discovery was the enticement that drew Lee Elders to this wild lawless land; the supernatural world of the Shuara that live in a mystical realm of ayahuasca-induced visions where the ethereal world is encased within our third dimensional reality. Along the way he discovered his true self - his Kakarma. However incredible some of the incidents may seem this is a true story.
Expeditions: Gold, Shamans and Green Fire

Sponsor the Encounter Board

Go Back Encounter Board > Main Category > Meditations

Old 02-17-2013, 12:34 PM

Default Hidden Talents

As I am working my way through all my old files, deciding what to keep and what to shred in preparation for my move later this year, (got over 20 boxes packed already! LOL), I came across the following article from a local Denver newspaper I had saved several years ago. It was adapted from the InspirationPeak.com website. I think its a good article for self-reflection and just wanted to share it...

"A water bearer in India bore two large pots from the ends of a pole that he carried across his neck. One of the pots was perfectly made and never leaked; the other had a crack in it. By the time the water bearer reached his master's house, the leaky pot was only half full - this went on for two and a half years."

"While the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, the cracked pot was ashamed of its imperfection. After two years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, the cracked pot spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream."

"I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you", it said.

"Why?" asked the water bearer.

"I have been able, for these past two years to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak all the way back to your master's house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you don't get full value from your efforts" the pot said.

"The water bearer felt sorry for the old cracked pot, and in his compassion he said, "As we return to the master's house, I want you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path".

"As they went up the hill, the cracked pot did notice the beautiful wild flowers on the side of the path. But at the end of the trail, it still felt bad because it had leaked out half its load, and so again the pot apologized to the bearer for its failure."

"The bearer said to the pot "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I took advantage of it. I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back from the stream, you have watered them. For 2 years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my master's table. Without you being just the way you are, he would not have this beauty to grace his house."

"We all have our flaws. It's important to acknowledge them and find strength in them" !

Love...Peg

Old 02-17-2013, 02:36 PM

Default I love this!

Thanks for sharing this, Peg ~~ it's a good one! We've used this as a "group meditation" periodically throughout the years in our community, as a reminder that though we did not necessarily choose nor want (some of) these particular women to spend every day for the rest of our lives with, there IS value in even the "cracked pot" sitting next to me in chapel!

Good luck with your packing!!

Love,
Lura

Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 PM

Default Brought tears to my eyes, Peg.

It made me think of the old and disabled people I know. I love them anyway, flaws and all. This was a sweet reminder. Hopefully I will be loved too, despite my shortcomings. Thanks for posting. Love, C.

My father says almost the whole world is asleep.
Everyone you know, everyone you see, everyone you talk to.
He says that only a few people are awake and
they live in a state of constant total amazement.
...Joe vs. The Volcano

Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 PM

such a wonderful story OL
, I read it in my language or few weeks ago. In what you perceive to be your weakness often lies a hidden beauty.. is how I understood it. I also like Cher understanding of it .

Love , La

Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM

Lura -- I just love your humor!!!

Cher-O -- You ARE loved, dear friend, never doubt it

Loa -- Yes it is a wonderful story. And the gift is the
unique understanding we each receive from it. Isn't
that just beautiful?

Love...Peg